The information we collect
ThoughtWeb may collect general information about you, such as your name, address, e-mail and other contact details when you use our website. We may also collect this and other types of personal information, during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain products or services from ThoughtWeb or return feedback111 forms.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to our services.
How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your relationship with ThoughtWeb, including in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law) and providing you with information necessary to allow you to remain in contact with ThoughtWeb;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from ThoughtWeb;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
- to assist us to make ThoughtWeb’s services and products more valuable to you;
- for direct marketing of products or services of ThoughtWeb and other parties and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications;
- to third parties where we work with those third parties to assist us to operate our business and provide the products or services you have requested, such as manufacturers and suppliers, marketing consultants and promotions companies, businesses operating from our premises, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as management consultants, lawyers and accountants; and
- to companies within the ThoughtWeb group (whether in the United States, Australia or any other country) in connection with the provision of goods or services to you, to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service in general.
Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that ThoughtWeb holds about you by contacting our Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorized to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. ThoughtWeb will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website such as personal profiles or profile pictures. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
ThoughtWeb will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, ThoughtWeb cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information.